Mother-Daughter Retreats – What to Expect at BR Summer 2021
June 11 2021 Updated
Dear Parents and BR Girls,
What a wild ride this last year has been for all of us! At BR, we are busy planning summer 2021 while we navigate the latest guidelines from the American Camping Association and government agencies. We want to share some anticipated changes with you to ensure everyone is fully aware of what to expect. Our Mother-Daughter Retreats will run with COVID precautions in place that are very similar to our camper sessions. We will continually adapt, and hopefully, loosen restrictions as we are able. Last summer we were able to run a successful and healthy program with small changes that minimized the risk of COVID. We learned a lot, kept our staff and campers safe, and look forward to using what we learned to make even more improvements this summer.
Please review the changes below to ensure you are clear and comfortable with what to expect.
The final day for cancellations with a full refund is March 31st.
Anticipated Changes Summer 2021for the Mother-Daughter Retreats:
- Everyone will be required to pre-screen for COVIID-19 symptoms prior to arrival. We anticipate requiring all participants to be tested for COVID-19 before you arrive at camp with strict distancing after the test has been taken. A negative test result would need to be provided at check-in. We are working on a plan to possibly have rapid testing done at BR as part of the check-in procedure to simplify this process. Testing will be at the participants expense but we are working to find a reliable and affordable test.
- Please do not plan to attend large gatherings the week before arriving at camp.
- Currently, all camp staff is included in the 1B category for vaccination and should be eligible to be vaccinated prior to the start of our season.
Dining Hall Procedures:
- Meals will be served in two shifts to reduce the indoor dining capacity, similar to how we have eaten breakfast in the past.
- Procedures to limit touching of trays, water pitchers, condiments etc. will continue.
- Participants will use the new handwashing station and one entrance (poolside) to enter the Dining Hall. All other doors will be Exit Only.
- Decals on the benches will help people spread out at the tables during meals.
- Outside dining tables will be available.
Operating in Small Groups:
- Our bunkhouses, which we call cities, are divided in half with 2 cabins and 1 bathroom per half. Each half of the city will operate as a pod or family here at camp and be called “Herds”. Each herd will have approximately 25 people including participants and staff.
- Participants will eat and do activities with their herds. Groups/herds will physically distance with other groups/herds at camp or they will wear masks when they are in close proximity.
- Cabins are grouped for retreats based on requests and if there are not requests we will try to pair families with similar aged children.
- To make, change or review a cabin request log in to the reservation portal and click on “View Details” for your 2021 session. Cabin requests are made in the Camper Profile form.
- To make a request you can complete your form in the forms section.
- To review your request if it has already been submitted, you can select “Download Printable Registration Confirmation.”
- If you need to change a request please contact the office and we can reopen the form.
- Afternoon Activities will either be scheduled for groups/herds or participants will be expected to mask and physically distance themselves from other groups.
- For scheduled activity zones there will be 2 – 3 activity options per zone. We hope to increase the options and freedom, to move more towards our traditional free time set up as it is deemed safe.
- Night Activities will also be within the herds. If we can combine groups it will only be for outdoor activities where physical distancing can be maintained.
- Pre- Camp Screening:
- COVID-19 symptom monitoring and temperature log for 7-10 days.
- We ask that participants limit their exposure to others by self quarantining or be very cautious while social distancing the week before arrival.
- We anticipate requiring everyone to be tested for COVID-19 at or before arrival.
- Arrival Screening:
- Participants will have their temperatures checked upon arrival. Any person with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will not be allowed to check into camp.
- We will ask about COVID symptoms and collect pre-screening forms.
- On-Going Screenings
- We may perform temperature checks each morning and at bedtime each evening.
Masks and Face Coverings:
- Participants should pack a mask/face covering for each day of their sessions. Any person who would like to wear a face-covering at any time may do so. As we get closer to summer we will provide more information on when face covering will be necessary at camp.
BR Refund & Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits and tuition are fully refundable until March 31st.
- After April 1st, deposits are no longer refundable.
- After June 1st, deposits and tuition are non-refundable. Deposit and tuition payments may be transferred to a new session in the current season if available.
- Within two weeks of the session start date, deposits and tuition monies are not refundable or transferable.
- Cancellation due to injury/illness (with a physician’s note) can be rolled over to another session for the current season or for the next year.
- If for any reason BR has to cancel your session you will be offered the option to rollover to the same session in 2022 or a full refund.
If you need to cancel, we understand and appreciate your patience during this time. Please use this 2021 Session Cancellation Form
Forms and final tuition payments are due no later than May 1st for the Mother-Daughter Retreats:
- Final Tuition payments are due May 1st. If you choose to schedule payments during registration these payments will show on your invoice as status “pending”. If you need to change your credit card please email the office and we can assist you in making that change.
- The Health History Form is available online in the registration portal. It is a very simple but mandatory form.
- A physical is not required for Mother-Daughter Retreat.
Link to the Registration Portal to make payments, complete forms, and upload your physical.
Please stay tuned to email updates from BR regarding your reservation. Because this season is susceptible to changes, all forms, documents and updates will be sent digitally.
Thank you for taking the time to review this information. Please call or email the office with any questions you may have regarding camp this summer. We will continue to send email and post updates as needed. Updates are also posted in the CAMP NEWS page on our website. We are excited to see you at camp this summer!
Stay Well & Good Riding Always,
Black River Farm and Ranch